Friday, September 16, 2011

Maybe I think you're cute and funny.

We could drum together

16 years.

Int. Basement of Home

Dad

[Randomly poping up] What are you doing? Proposing?

Olivia

Er... [Looks confused at Ryan, who happens to also be "random boy" from earlier post.]

Ryan

[Saving Olivia] Cool drums!

Dad

Oh yeah? You like to drum? Blah blah, Drum! Blah blah Snare! la la la Cowbell? I know! [Laughter] Come here and look at my other drums!

Olivia Thoughts

Did that really just happen? Did dad have really good timing? What if he had come down 20 minutes earlier....? huh. What are they doing?
[Olivia Pulls out phone and texts, "Goodbye VL..." To Norah, and Sunny. Then runs into the other room.]

Dad

-And thats when I got this one! Its oak and I has a really good sound to it, I just cant use it on my drum set right now. Well anyway, just wanted to come say hi! [Dad exits]

Ryan

[Looks light headed.] I have no idea what he was talking about!

Olivia

[Laughs] I figured.

20 Minutes later

Ryan

[Watching Olivia's phone recieve several texts in a row, then notices something else.] Uh... Someones calling you.

Olivia

[Not wanting him to know about her text] Oh! Thats just Norah! She just calls me really randomly sometimes, cause she lives in California and all...

Ryan

[Laughs and puts one arm around Olivia, squeezing her side and making her jump closer to him, he takes advantage of the situation and leans in for the second time.]

End Scene.

Directors Commentary:
When remembering that night, I never think too much on that part. It makes me wonder, what happened to best friends? I think about my best friends now, how they are wonderful and sweet, and in Norah's case, unchanging and always there. I remember the next day to with Sunny. How sad she was that she was the only one of us left, and how we arent as close as we use to be. Last but not least I wonder if sometimes we say 'Best friends' just for security, without any meaning, just to know that someone will be there. Sometimes I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment